Building VxWorks from Workbench and Command Line
(Building VxWorks from Workbench and Command Line)
Using VxWorks Command Line Builds provides developers and system integrators with real-world use cases and demonstrations of both command line and scripted builds of VSB, VIP, and application projects. The command line build is a viable alternative in many project environments, and this course contains many examples of using these techniques.
- Completion of the VxWorks 6.x and Workbench Essentials class (or equivalent experience)
- Completion of the Understanding Workbench Builds class (or equivalent experience)
After this course, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand the use of the “vxprj” command line utility and its use for VSB and VIP projects.
- Extend the use of the “vxprj” command line utility to do customization and selection of components and input parameters for VSB and VIP projects.
- Use the VxWorks® command line build in both Windows and Linux host development environments.
- Construct a complete scripted build for VIP and VSB projects.
- System integrators