This course provides engineers with an overview of configuring VxWorks® System Viewer components into your target along with applying advanced usage and analysis techniques. Multiple captures of example usage are shown throughout the course.
Completion of the VxWorks 6.x and Workbench Essentials class (or equivalent experience)
After this course, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand the components and parameter settings for configuring System Viewer operation on your target and Wind River® Workbench tools.
- Select the correct method, from event selection, filtering, or triggering, to locate your “area of interest” in a System Viewer log graph.
- Relate the System Viewer log information to what your target is doing and start identification of problems.
- Make use of the advance system analysis data in System Viewer that will indicate measured memory, task loading, and core usage on your system device.
- System integrators
- Quality assurance/requirements validation
This Quick Tip provides engineers with a methodology that they can use to place their own events into a System Viewer log, using the wvEvent() function.